My name is Erik Dissing
Welcome to my “PhotoPulse" Gallery
- Record and perpetuate selected observations "out there"
- Post Processing. Image optimization and nuance adjustments - with "soul"
- Photo driven by mind and heart
- "Yes" experiences and "Wow" enthusiasm
- Exercise and activity
“Out on tour, never grumpy!” Camera around my neck. Going out there! It just sounds good. Doesn’t it? - “I walk, I look, I see, I stop, I photograph!” The gallery's photos are in majority observations of such tours, but also suddenly emerged motifs, close to current place of residence and neighborhood. - Looking out of the window, so to speak!
Personally, I am "over the hill" - born 1948. Feel very privileged to keep moving around everywhere out there - on photo, adventure and exercise tours in beautiful scenery, mountain areas and under varying weather conditions. - And with the belief that the combination of these physical and mental ingredients are essential factors for continuing to "keep up the pulse".
Is it true that nature's many different scenarios, colors, seasonal moods, dramatic diversity, multiplicity and changing momentary situations have bigger and bigger mental importance, the older one becomes? For me, such "breaking news" have become indispensable ingredients in everyday life. - And thank you so much for this enrichment!!
Here, thoughts are automatically led to an elderly Sami woman who visited us in northern Norway. She was interested in a photo print of one of my motifs with swimming reindeer, and soon we talked about life as Sami and the beautiful nature of Arctic Northern Norway. She told me, among other things: ....... "It was very late in my life that I learned to observe and appreciate nature around me, everywhere they spoke of how beautiful and amazing it is up here. But I've grown up right in the middle of this - in the tipi out on the mountains. I did not know anything else. It was just how it was? I did not see the beautiful scenery“?……
"Photographing is an art of observation. It has little to do with things you see and everything to do with the way you see them". (Elliott Erwitt)
- Graphic educated and afterwards graduated as grafonom from The Graphic Highschool in Copenhagen. "In my working life, I have been engaged in production and publishing for many years. (Development and production of visual and auditive special education materials to and about people with special needs).
- Senior life is largely dedicated photo and focuses on visualization of scenarios from nature's very own and unique gallery.
- Highly appreciate freedom, outdoor life and experiences
- Resident in Denmark (Horsens) and with frequently stays in eastern Himmerland (DK) and Troms in Northern Norway and from time to time also in Australia.
- Married to Karen, together we have 2 sons, 2 daughters-in-law and 4 grandchildren
Camera and lens history
- Pentax K-1 (Full Frame and purchased in 2016) + Lenses Pentax-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 - Samyang 14mm F2.8 - Sigma APO Macro 70-300mm F4.0-5.6
- Pentax K10 D (Purchased in 2008. Change from Analog to Digital Camera) + Lenses Sigma DC 17-70 mm F2.8-4.5 - Sigma APO Macro 70-300mm F4.0-5.6
- Pentax MZ-5N (purchased in 1998) + lens Sigma 28-90 mm f3.5-5.6mm
- Asahi Pentax Spotmatic II (purchased in 1971) + Takumar Lenses: F3.5 / 28mm - F1.8 / 55mm - F4 / 200mm